Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Deep Snow=Deep Thoughts

These are in no way ordered or connected.

Sometimes, it's really, really, REALLY fucking frustrating being a teacher. Very few people respect us, we get very little feedback as to what we did for the year with the students actually made a difference, and well, we make shit for pay...and that's how I feel on a good day.

I always think it's cool when someone local is on a national program.  Woody Paige is always on "Around the Horn" on ESPN and I feel a sense of pride that someone from Colorado was good enough to be on there.  Also, I think I know enough about sports that I could be on ESPN...never mind the fact that I'm not nearly pretty enough and I'm most definitely not young enough.

Why is it easier for me to drink water out of a Camelbak than a regular cup or water bottle?

I'm very sad because FedEx was supposed to deliver my new phone to school...and I'm not there! Darn you for canceling school!!!

Although I always said that I would be a die-hard "real book" person until I die, I have to admit, I love reading ebooks on my iPad.  It's way easier to read at night, so my booklight isn't blinding Babe all the time and well, it's pretty frelling cool.

Do you think the "official training bike of the Tour de France" is as awesome as it looks on the commercial? Is anything?

1 comment:

  1. My eldest boy asked me a couple days ago what I studied to do in college, and I told him I'd been majoring in English education, to be a high school teacher. He posited that people get into teaching because they like to tell kids what to do. I laughed in his face.

    I'll love real books to my dying breath, but damn if my Nook isn't so much easier to hold in bed.

    ReplyDelete