Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Curse of Multi-Tasking

This morning I found myself face-down, ass-up in the bathroom.




(pause for effect)







No, Babe and I weren't having some "alone time".  I was cleaning up the mess of shattered glass and lotion that was once a lovely addition to my bathroom counter.  The reason it happened was pretty simple: Babe cleaned up the bathroom after a long day of teaching and coaching, so this morning, while I was brushing my teeth, I figured I could help out a bit by wiping down the counter.  One-handed, I got the cleaner, sprayed it all over the counter and the sink, got the sponge, got it wet, started wiping and moving things around so I could access all the nooks and crannies.  (Yes, I'm still brushing my teeth at this point.)  I moved the lotion away from its spot by the mirror to the edge of the counter.  Can you see where I'm going?

I finish brushing my teeth, stand up (I was leaning over and cleaning) turn, and jam my right elbow into the glass jar.

SMASH alloverthetilefloor.  All Babe can hear (he's still in bed at this point...it wasn't even 6 yet) is, "Shit!  Shit!  Shitshitshitshit!"  Of course, he's worried because he heard glass breaking and then me freaking out, but I can't let him in the bathroom because there's glass and lotion EVERYWHERE.  So I clean up the mess, while Babe gets the vacuum.  We get it handled and we move on.

 Lesson learned: Don't groom and clean at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment