Friday, October 29, 2010

Philosophical Phriday

I composed most of this while walking on the track around my school, so I apologize if it's a bit scattered.  (And apologizes to Prince, as well, since I pretty much lifted ^that^ line from "1999".) I got a good walk in today, a little over a mile, it was sunny, I had a gorgeous view of the downtown Denver skyline from one side of the track and some...nature, I guess on the other side of the track.  It was a nice reminder of why I love living here.

I was going to do today's post about a kid in my class that I call "Frodo".  He's short, has curly hair, and the first time I met him, he said, "My name is X!  I look like Frodo!"

So, I'm walking along, jamming to the VNV Nation station on Pandora Radio and thinking about what I wanted to say about Frodo.  The whole point to my Frodo post was going to show my "positive side" because a friend of mine saw the 3 whole posts I'd done up until now and sent me a text, "Nice blog!! Bitter??" (BTW, thanks Octogon...)

As I'm thinking about what to say about Frodo, the title "I wish I had a million more..." pops into my head because that's a phrase that I say at conferences to let parents know that their kids are great, which got me thinking about all the times I bitch about my job or the kids or the district, or youknowwhatimean.

Frankly, I don't know if I can be sunshiny and sweetness, because I use all of that on my kids--the ones I carried for 9 months and the one that count on me to entertain and educate them for 9 months out of the year.

So, I might be bitter, but I'm still kinda cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment