Monday, November 1, 2010

My Drinking Has a Neighborhood Problem

Thus begins "Sober November"... (or "No Drink November" or even "No Booze November" whatever, it's all the same.)

Apparently, Babe (the husband) used to do this every year, taking a month to clean the body out and to prove to himself that he could take a month without drinking.  We haven't done this the last two years because two years ago, he was taking care of Boo (the Boy) while I was on bed rest and then last  year, we were freaking out because he started grad school and we were still adjusting to life with two kids.  We NEEDED a glass of wine every once in a while. 

So, here we are, we've got the "parent of two" thing down pat, Babe has his grad school, teaching, and coaching responsibilities under control, and I'm trying to lose some pounds.  Good time to take a month off, right?

We do have one exception to the rule, however, and that would be Thanksgiving.  We're traveling to Nebraska with my brother's family, my parents, and my little sister, and I think 10 hours in an RV will warrant some lubrication.  :p 

Our neighbors, part of our posse, are joining us for the festivities...or lack thereof.  It will be interesting to see who, if anyone, cracks first.  Perhaps a bet a la "Master of My Domain" might be order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment