Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hating on a Supermodel

Gisele Bundchen (no, I'm not going to look up the code to type the damn umlaut) bugs me. 

It's not that she's a supermodel.  It's not that she's married to (gag) Tom Brady.  It's not that she travels around the world and makes more money for walking around in her underwear for a few minutes, than I'll ever see in my lifetime.

It's the way that she is always going onandonandonandon in the media about her two sons, while Bridget Moynahan, the mother of Gisele's step-son keeps her private life quiet. 

I get that Gisele loves the step-son as if he were her own, I've been there.  I've been a step-mom to two (whom I adore!) and Babe is Boo's step-dad...and he calls Boo "his" son.  So, I understand taking a child, not of your loins, into your family and heart and loving them as if they were your bio-kid. 

But for some reason, her going onandonandonandon about how great step-son is with bio-son, and how close they are just...gets me.  I guess I see it from Bridget's point of view.  I mean, while Boo doesn't have a "step-mom" he's very close to his dad *and* dad's girlfriend.  While I know that Boo is so lucky to have sooooooo many people in his life, it hurts just a squick to know that there's another woman out there that he adores--and he should.  She's wonderful with him, and I know, from experience, that it takes a special person to love another's child like your own.  I just wonder if it's gut-wrenching for Bridget when Gisele gushes about her "two amazing boys" knowing that one of those boys is hers too. 

/my attempt at being philosophical

No comments:

Post a Comment