Friday, January 21, 2011

At Least It's Progress

So, remember that "evolution" I was talking about in an earlier post?

It's somewhat stalled.

I'd get frustrated, but then I remember what my homeboy Darwin said, and realize that massive evolutionary changes don't happen over night.  Nope.  It can take millions of years for something to evolve...so I shouldn't get pissed off when I skip working out for a couple days.  I have been working out on a more regular basis (despite me getting sick, the kids getting sick, work, family, etc. getting in the way) and I've been eating well (more or less).  So, AimCo 1-My Fat Ass 0.

I'm getting ready to start applying to grad school--applications aren't due until April, so I do have some time. (Note to self...get application due date in my Google Calendar. )  Hopefully taking classes and meeting other people will help me figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  While I love the classroom, I just feel like I'm meant for something else. 

Organization...<sigh>  What can I say about that?  I'm still a lazy slob because after a day of working and working out and grading and mommying the kids...I'm frelling TIRED.  I think I just have to accept the fact that my house will be an exercise in organized chaos until both kids are old enough to understand it when I say, "If you mess up the clean floor, expect to lick it up!" (I kid!  I kid!)  Seriously, Bay is only 2.  She sings the "clean up" song, but has the attention span of a hummingbird, so for her, a serious cleaning session lasts about 90 seconds.  Boo is getting better and as soon as he realizes that me "helping" him clean doesn't really mean "Mom does it all" we'll be on the right track.  Babe has been awesome at the helping and if it wasn't for him...I'm sure my dose of meds would be much higher than it is right now.

So, that's where I've been.  See you soon. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment