Sunday, January 2, 2011

Breaking My Heart

Bay is old enough and "with it" enough to finally understand that Boo leaves once a week.  A couple weeks ago, she started asking where he was when he was at his dad's house...

Today, I put her down for her nap, then I took Boo to meet his dad. 

Just now (she woke up from nap about 35 minutes ago) she asked, "Where Dakey (how she says his name) go?"  When I told her she was at his dad's house, she yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and proceeded to cry for about 5 minutes.

Granted, she's over it now, and probably won't even remember that he's gone until tomorrow...where we'll have the same scene all over again. 

I love the fact that she's becoming cognizant enough to realize that there's a change in the house.  On the other hand, I HATE the fact that she has to.

No comments:

Post a Comment