Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Diet, Schmiet...

So...as I mentioned in my last post, I've put on some weight.  Nothing major, but I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I'd like to be.  I know that some of this is weight from muscle--I went from pretty much being a slug to playing soccer, swimming, doing yoga, and trying the 100 push-ups challenge in one big swoop.  Babe says my butt is firmer and I can see definition in my legs that disappeared after my ankle fuck-up, so I *guess* that's a good thing (no, I *get* that it's a good thing, I really, really do.  I'm not going to be one of those women who constantly bemoan their bodies looking for affirmation, which isn't to say that I won't welcome a compliment now and again...but I digress.)

Part of my road to losing some of these poundage involves me watching what I'm eating.  I found this site that's been helping me track my exercise and food.  While I'm not really paying attention to my caloric intake, it's interesting to see just how many calories I consume without thinking about it.

I've also realized something about myself: the more I tried to limit what I was eating, the more I thought about food.  I don't know how people on actual diet programs do it.  I'd eat something and then log it, then I'd freak out about how many calories I'd consumed and then I'd worry about how many calories my next meal was going to be, and so on.

Am I going to keep up with the site?  Sure, it's a great way to see what my eating patterns are but am I going to freak out if I exceed the calories "they" think I should have?  Nope. 

On a somewhat unrelated note, a couple Saturdays ago, Boo got a hold of the remote and changed it to a Zumba infomerical.  I come upstairs from doing laundry and he tells me, with the most serious look on his face, "Mom.  You need to get Zumba if you need to lose some pounds."

I about died laughing.

Then I asked him if he thought I was fat. 

I guess I need some affirmation after all. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Aren't kids great? Mine are oh so helpful in that area as well. Zack has also asked for the ab-something-ma-jiggy. I suppose we should just get down on the floor and do sit-ups together.

    ReplyDelete